We welcome you to submit oral and poster presentation abstracts for the 2021 Sustainable Stormwater Symposium hosted by the Oregon Section of ASCE-EWRG. The Symposium will be held virtually September 28th-30th 2021.
The Symposium features a plenary format of technical sessions arranged on common topic areas to facilitate interdisciplinary collaboration in the stormwater industry. The afternoon of the third day of the Symposium features a guided bike tour of stormwater projects, with site-specific speakers, followed by a happy hour. The technical poster session will be featured at the bike tour happy hour.
We encourage technical session and poster abstracts to consider the general topics noted below, however other topics relating to stormwater science, engineering, policy, and outreach will be considered as well.
- -Integrated watershed planning and management
- -Regulatory trends and updates
- -Community outreach
- -Co-benefits quantification methods and triple bottom line approaches
- -Stormwater modeling and decision support tools
- -O&M requirements, costs, and tracking for stormwater assets
- -Stormwater and BMP monitoring
- -Green infrastructure technology and practices
- -Industrial stormwater
- -Emerging and non-standard pollutants
- -Source control
- -Technological advances in sustainable stormwater
- -Equity and environmental justice
- -Climate change
Abstracts will be evaluated based on the applicability of the subject matter presented, technical quality, and adherence to goals of promoting collaboration among the stormwater community. Abstracts are due by 5 pm PST on June 4th, 2021. Abstracts should be no longer than 500 words. Please specify whether you are submitting for an oral presentation, poster presentation, and if you are submitting as a student. You will be notified by July 6th if your presentation has been selected. You are welcome to submit more than one abstract. Please feel free to share this announcement with others.
For additional information on the Symposium, invited speaker announcements, or general questions, please visit the Symposium website at http://www.stormwatersymposium.org or contact the program coordination team at email@example.com. Keep an eye out for open registration in early July and we look forward to seeing you in September!