Abstract Submittal Extended Until May 31st
Oral and poster presentation abstracts are now being accepted for the 2019 Sustainable Stormwater Symposium hosted jointly by the Oregon Chapter of APWA and Oregon Section of ASCE-EWRG. The Symposium will be held September 25th and 26th 2019 at the Castaway Portland event space located at 1900 NW 18th Ave in Portland, Oregon.
The Symposium will feature a plenary format of technical sessions. A technical poster session will be held during happy hour on the first day of the Symposium. The afternoon of the second day of the Symposium will feature a guided bike tour of stormwater projects, with site specific-speakers, followed by happy hour at a local pub.
We encourage technical session and poster abstracts to consider the general topics noted below, however other topics relating to stormwater science, engineering, policy, and outreach will be considered as well.
- -Integrated watershed planning and management
- -Regulatory trends and updates
- -Community outreach and acceptance
- -Co-benefits quantification methods and triple bottom line approaches
- -Stormwater modeling and decision support tools
- -O&M requirements, costs, and tracking for stormwater assets
- -Stormwater and BMP monitoring
- -Vegetation and bioretention soil in green infrastructure
- -Permeable pavement and green roofs
- -Hydromodification and mitigation
- -Sustainable industrial stormwater treatment
- -Source control and treatment for emerging and non-standard pollutants
- -Technological advances in sustainable stormwater
Abstracts are due by 5 pm PST on May 31st, 2019. Abstracts should be no longer than 500 words. You will be notified by June 14th if your presentation or poster has been selected. You are welcome to submit more than one abstract.
For additional information on the Symposium, invited speaker announcements or general questions please visit the Symposium website at http://www.stormwatersymposium.org or contact the program coordination team at email@example.com.