EWRG & APWA Present the Sustainable Stormwater Symposium - September 19th and 20th, 2012
The call for abstracts for oral presentations is closed. We will still accept poster abstract submissions.
We welcome you to submit presentation abstracts for the 2012 Sustainable Stormwater Symposium hosted jointly by APWA and ASCE-EWRG. The Symposium will take place in Portland, Oregon on September 19-20, 2012 at the World Trade Center.
The Symposium will include sessions based on the topics shown below but may vary depending on the response we receive. Other topics will be considered as long as they relate to stormwater in a meaningful way and will advance our collective knowledge and understanding of sustainable stormwater practices. The Symposium will also feature a poster session and happy hour from 5 pm to 8 pm on September 19th, 2012. The poster session will provide vendors, consultants, agencies, and students an opportunity to showcase a wide range of sustainable stormwater projects. Posters must be able to fit on a standard easel for display, one leaf only. All posters will be displayed at 5 pm on Wednesday, September 19th during happy hour with snacks at the World Trade Center.
- - Retrofitting Existing Development for Water Quality and Quantity Control
- - Emerging Contaminants, Contaminated Sites, and Industrial Runoff
- - Innovations in Erosion and Sediment Control
- - Managing and Monitoring Construction Site Stormwater
- - Model and Database Applications to Support Planning and Design
- - Green Infrastructure Case Studies
- - Adaptive Management and Flexible BMP Designs
- - Planning for Climate Change and Other Moving Targets
- - Transportation Runoff Management
Abstracts are due by 5 pm PST on July 16th, 2012. Please specify whether you are submitting for an oral or poster presentation. You will be notified by August 1st if your presentation request has been selected. You are welcome to submit more than one abstract.
Please feel free to share this announcement with others. If you have questions, please contact